Top 11 Best Charcoal Grills for 2021 – Reviews
Now that it’s officially Summer, the search for the perfect outdoor cooking grill is on a lot of people’s minds. The warmer weather is bringing more people together which means it’s the perfect time for outdoor cooking, Summer BBQs, camping trips, and picnics in the park. Incorporating fresh, grilled food to the menu is a stress-free way to prepare amazing tasting food for a large crowd.
There are a few different types of outdoor grills on the market today. When it comes to deciding between two popular grill options; a charcoal grill or a gas grill, there are many factors to consider. At the end of the day, people tend to choose charcoal grilling as their first choice because of the smoky flavor that a charcoal grill delivers. This defining taste is not something that you are able to achieve with most gas grills.
Charcoal grills achieve more flavor and in return, produce more delicious foods. However, the process of finding the perfect charcoal grill for you can be a little daunting. Below you’ll find the Top 10 Charcoal Grills of 2021. We compiled a list of the perfect outdoor charcoal grills when it comes to all the outdoor cooking occasions such as camping, picnics, backyard BBQ, and hopefully, you are able to find the perfect one for you and your needs.
11 Best Charcoal Grills for 2021 – Reviews
#11 Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
This premium outdoor grill is great for outdoor cooking for a crowd. The Weber Kettle Grill can cook up to 13 burgers perfectly with a built-in lid thermometer and precision heat control. Grilling is a breeze with the inclusion of unique accessories such as a heat shield to avoid your lid from getting too hot, convenient lid hook, and easy access to your grilling tools.
- One-touch cleaning system
- Built-in thermometer
- Precision heat control
- Lid placement hook
- Great price point
- Assembly can be difficult
#10 Foldable Triangular BBQ Grill
This triangular portable BBQ was built for stability with its stainless steel triangular cross structure, which works to ensure it doesn’t shake, fall, or rust. It features a clever vent design on both sides of the furnace body and the air heat designed to make charcoal combustion more transparent.
This grill specifically includes a BBQ net which allows for easy cleanup and is designed to prevent food from leaking, but also for cooking your food to be safe and ensuring it’s non-toxic.
- BBQ net for easy cleanup and prevent food leaking
- Stable triangular design
- Collapses into a thin, compact configuration
- Can be used as an outdoor firepit
- Simply designed outdoor grill
- No additional cooking features or controls
#9 JiaDa Portable BBQ Grill and Smoker
This is the perfect BBQ tool to take on the go whether that be to the beach, a camping trip, or to a backyard BBQ. This outdoor grill allows you to get slow, smoked cooked food in a portable lightweight BBQ. It’s easy to assemble, and with a mess-free ash catcher, ensures for easy cleanup as well. Featuring five vents on both sides of the BBQ, there is ample airflow allowing the charcoal to burn efficiently and cook your food faster. Meat, seafood, and veggies all grill nicely on this charcoal grill.
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean with mess-free ash catcher
- Portable to carry with handle design
- Includes 5 vents to ensure that food is cooked to perfection and incorporates that smoky grill flavor throughout
- Compact storage
- Not ideal for cooking for large groups. (18 x 12.6 x 9.05-inch)
#8 Fire & Flavor HERO Grill Portable Charcoal Grill
Traditional portable outdoor grills can sometimes be a hassle and cause a bit of a mess. Fire & Flavor Hero solves all your obstacles when it comes to portable charcoal grilling in this one compact grill. This portable charcoal grill makes outdoor cooking easy, clean, and sustainable.
Another aspect that sets this portable charcoal grill apart is that it’s eco-friendly. Especially when it comes to camping and being surrounded by nature’s beauty, it’s nice to use products that you know aren’t harming the environment. The Hero grill is environment friendly, has an instant light, and ready to cook your food to perfection in 10 minutes.
- Instant light, a plant-based single-use biodegradable charcoal pod is ready in 10 minutes
- Dishwasher safe
- Cooks for over 60 minutes
- Lighter fluid not needed
- Requires Hero grill specific charcoal pods
#7 Outsunny Portable Folding Charcoal BBQ Grill
Although this grill is portable, you won’t have to sacrifice when it comes to grill space and performance. This BBQ is made up of stainless steel to ensure it won’t rust over time. With collapsible legs, it makes setup and takedown incredibly easy and perfect to set up for a backyard BBQ or picnic in the park.
The Outsunny Portable Charcoal BBQ features a set of 2 seasoning plates, a side basket, and a bottom storage rack for putting all your BBQ essentials which we find incredibly handy when grilling. Along with charcoal grilling, you can cook your sandwiches, hotdogs, chicken or anything of the sort to perfection on the non-stick grill pan included. This grill is 41 L x 13 W x 27.5 H inches.
- Portable design with collapsible legs
- Amble grilling and storage space
- Includes a non-stick grill pan
- On the heavier side: 66 lbs
#6 PK Grills PKTX Outdoor Portable Aluminum Charcoal Grill and Smoker
This PK Grills PKTX Portable Charcoal Grill may look like your standard stationary outdoor grill, but with its unique capsule shape and strong aluminium construction, you’ll be wanting to bring this grill to every function. What makes this charcoal grill and smoker so extraordinary is its unique capsule shape and four vents that work together to ensure your food is not only delicious but cooked to perfection, whether that be hot and fast grilling or low and slow. With the design and materials, it also conducts heat 4x more efficiently than most steel charcoal grills.
- Award-winning Pitmaster Best value pitmaster award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2018
- 300 Square inches of cooking surface and can handle everything from burgers to a Thanksgiving turkey.
- 10-Year Warranty
- Great for tailgating
- Clean up can be difficult
#5 Arteflame One 30″ Grill
If you’re looking for an outdoor grill that’s a statement piece or for something multi-purpose, this Arteflame 30” Grill is definitely the grill for you. This grill works well as a charcoal grill, a griddle, and also a stunning firepit. With its corten steel shell, the grill itself looks like a piece of art and will definitely not be an eyesore in your backyard.
- Zero maintenance and can be left out year-round
- Doubles as a firepit
- Tasteful architecture design
- Wood and charcoal capable
- Tableside grilling
- Sit or stand grilling
- Limited grilling options
- Not ideal for feeding large crowds
#4 Dyna-Glo Heavy-Duty Stainless Charcoal Grill
The Dyna-Glo Heavy Duty Stainless Charcoal grill features 3 heavy-duty, porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates to retain heat from searing and cooking your food to perfection. This grill works to cook your food in the most ideal way by locking in all those natural juices and flavors in your food. With adjustable trays, you can customize your grill to your cooking desires.
- Cooks up to 24 hamburgers at a time with 868 square inches of cooking space
- Stainless temperature gauge
- Adjustable trays to customize heat control
- Additional storage
- Long Assembly Time
- Heavy Packaging
#3 Hasty-Bake 290 Hastings Stainless Steel Built-in Charcoal Grill
If you’re in the market for a built-in stationary charcoal grill, this is the one for you. This Hasty-Bake 290 Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill features two Individually controlled fireboxes which allows for direct and indirect cooking methods simultaneously and for you to grill your food just how you like it.
This grill is definitely exceptional to look at and is perfect for taking your permanent outdoor BBQ space to the next level.
- 10-year warranty
- Individually controlled fireboxes to allow for flexible cooking methods
- 1,194 square inches of cooking space
- Very large at 44L x 21D x 34½ H inches and difficult to move
- Investment outdoor grill
#2 Uncle Roast Universal BBQ Grill
This universal outdoor grill doesn’t just stand out because of its innovative, unique design, but also for its automatic, 360-degree rotating tray. This design lets you not only grill your favorite meats and veggies but also roast anything you fancy such as nuts, coffee beans, eggs, or even a whole chicken. This BBQ is great for camping where you can essentially cook every meal from your morning coffee to your roast chicken dinner on this one, compact machine.
- 360-degree automatic rotating tray
- Heating by charcoal and rotating tray by A.C. or D.C., 9V battery. Lasts 10 hours
- Adjustable screws to keep grill level at all times
- Extremely easy to move around with handle and wheels
- Not ideal for feeding large crowds
#1 Expert Grill Heavy Duty 24-Inch Charcoal Grill
This outdoor grill may seem small but it’s definitely mighty. With a solid frame and an adjustable charcoal tray, this grill is set to impress everyone at your next BBQ. The charcoal tray can easily be raised and lowered with a simple turn of the knob. The tray can also be taken out to conveniently discard any charcoal leftovers as well. The unit features a thermometer at the top of the grill along with a handy bottle opener. This grill has everything you need when it comes to outdoor cooking and throwing a party in one, compact, unit.
- Extra accessories including a bottle opener, thermometer, and adjustable charcoal tray
- 24-inch solid design grill
- Easy assemble with clear, straightforward instructions
- Well priced
- Heavier than comparable outdoor grills